While reading a story to a 1st Grade class I would occasionally ask them questions about the subject or a word in the story, to build their knowledge of vocabulary.
After reading a paragraph about armadillos eating termites, I asked the class what termites would eat and where would a armadillo find termites.
One child raised his hand as if he'd known the answer all his life. I called on him and he replied with all the confidence a 1st grader has "termites eat cheese!"
I stifled my laugh and told him "no, they don't eat cheese..."
And then another eager little hand shot up with the excitement that he knew the answer so I called on him.... "they eat cheese that's on a cracker!"
Unfortunately I had to burst their bubble that termites ate wood. Needless to say they were all quiet amazed, somewhere they had gotten the idea that termites eat cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment