
I hope you all had a great summer. Welcome back to a new school year. Although I've been back working at the school for the past 3 weeks, I've not had much contact (worth posting about) with the children.
This past Thursday night we had Meet The Teacher Night. All students and parents are encouraged to come to school and meet their new Teacher and drop off their school supplies. The school is buzzing with children, parents and grandparents hurrying around to find new classrooms and meet new teachers and classmates. The children come to know where their desk is located in the class and their teacher's face. The teacher tries to get in a little one on on time with each child in that one hour of hospitality.
So it's an unexpected surprise when Ms W, a first grade teacher happens to bump into one of her new students the very next day. It's always a surprise to the younger students to find their teacher outside the classroom setting. After all, the Banker never leaves the bank, and the Post Office lady lives in the back with all the boxes and letters, so why would she want to ever leave the school? There is a cafeteria if she gets hungry, lots of bathrooms (who needs a shower?) and if she gets sleepy she can lie down in the Nurse's Clinic on one of those cozy cots.
When the initial shock and timidness wear off and the conversations draw to the end Ms W tells the little boy, "I'll see you on Monday." To which the boy replies without missing a beat, "I see YOU on Wednesday!"
Maybe summer isn't over after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment